This blog was first created via GitHub Pages, and worked fine for quite some time. Then Microsoft bought Github, and made private repositories free. I jumped on that opportunity to save a few bucks a month, and switched my plan. I didn’t realize at the time that publishing to GitHub Pages from a private repository was not included. It took me quite a few months to realize I’d broken it.
I didn’t like that state of broken, and was frustruated that a config change did it. I decided to move the blog hosting over to S3, and use the newly released Github Actions to auto publish the site when changes were made. After struggling my way through GitHub Actions in multiple attempts, it’s finally working again!
So here we are. I’m embarrased to have let the blog die as I did, but happy with how it is currently setup.